Keri Hilson’s makeup is on point. She’s got smooth skin, wonderfully catty eyes, and a subtle touch of color for a casual, fun look. Get Keri’s beauty style with these step by step instructions:
1. Cleanse. My all time favorite is Neutrogena Acne-Free Wash
2. Tone. Kiehl’s Alcohol-Free Rosewater toner does the trick
3. Moisturize. My personal favorite, Kinerase, is a MUST. Believe it or not, moisturizing PREVENTS breakouts.
4. Prime. Remember, the perfect painting starts with a good canvas. Any of my primer choices will work here.
5. Conceal. Dab lightly around the eyes and other discolored areas in a shade a touch lighter than your natural color. Lorac’s Coverup in C7 is perfect for my brown skin.
6. Add Foundation. Find your color by swiping a shade along your jawline. The color should blend seamlessly. Don’t overdo it! Pretty brown girls can try Black Opal.
7. Do your eyes. Add golden shadow to the lid of your eyes. Then add black eyeliner and smudge with the golden shade. Add a hint of color to your lower lid. Lastly, add mascara. DiorShow is one of my favorites. Let your lashes dry before going to the next step. Tame unruly brows with a clear brow gloss. MAC makes a great brow setter.
8. Smile! And apply a small amount of blush to the apples of your cheeks with a neural rose shade like Urban Decay’s Fetish. Don’t overdo it!
9. Keep Smiling! And add your favorite sheer lip gloss. My standby shade is Butterfield 8 by NARS.
10. Be beautiful! Have fun!