I’ve been a fan of the latest trend of bleach-dyed jeans like the ones Melody Thornton was wearing a few weeks ago. Problem is, I’m not big on trendy items, especially when I don’t know how long I will wear them. the solution? Make my own pair! Sure, you can probably find a pair for around $50 in your locale mall–but why not try making a unique pair for yourself? Buy a cheap $5 pair at the thrift store, get a cup of bleach and get creative!
Bleach Your own Jeans
1. Take a pair of jeans and stuff them with newspapers.
2. Take it outside and lay your stuffed jeans on the grass or on a clothing line. Note: Don’t do this inside-the fumes will kill you. Literally.
3. Get a spray bottle, old toothbrush, a sponge, a spray bottle, or use all of them for a unique effect. Work fast.
4. This is important. Rinse the jeans in plain water after 5 minutes of bleaching.
5. Machine wash the jeans separately.
6. Machine Dry the jeans.
7. Look hot!